Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Family Golf

I was recently at the US Kids Golf website investigating some clubs for my nephew when I noticed the "Family Courses" tab in their main navigation. There they provide you with a list of golf courses that meet or exceed "our family course criteria" - it seems these "designated" courses have (or have added) 2 additional sets of tees. Green tees - 2200 yards and Yellow tees - 3750 yards - the obvious logic being *most" forward tees (usually white) are to long at 5000 yards for kids and beginner adults.

Personally, *I like* the idea of promoting family golf but in all my years of playing golf I am having a hard time remembering ever seing a family play golf together. Certainly a father and son or less frequently a mom and daughter - but a family!? and now family-friendly courses?

Curious if other have seen families play recently.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Yes, I have... on a couple of occaisions at a par 3 course. Very nice to see too. I even mentioned it to my wife in a way as to suggest it would be good for our family.

Yeah, swing and a miss.

At least I tried :)

-Greg

Anonymous said...

I see families all of the time at Edgmont Country Club www.edgmont.com