Monday, December 11, 2006

Mike Pedersen Golf Stretching DVD

Mike Pedersen's new DVD, "Golf Stretching for a Better Swing" is a stretching program I highly recommend.

I am not really sure how many golfers actually incorporate stretching into their golfing regimes. I would guess not many - let's face it, stretching takes work, especially if you have not done it in some time (or at all)

I believe stretching to be vitally important to your golf swing. Personally, I stretch at least 4-5 times per week and I have for some time. It helps me to feel more fluid and relaxed. I would also suspect it is more important the older you get. But beyond golf it (like Yoga) has been documented to be an important stress reliever - so keep in mind the stretches on Mike's DVD are valuable to your TOTAL well being (not just golf)

The nice thing about Mike's DVD is that it is very clear. He goes through the various stretching sequences very slow and speaks clearly. The exercises cover the entire body. Although ALL the exercises are beneficial to golf, Mike also adds some *bonus* ultra-spefic golf stretches. I have been stretching/doing yoga for some time and found these *secret bonus* exercises to be worth the entire cost of the DVD.

This is a DVD that you will view on a regular basis. I would recommend viewing the DVD once, get to know some of the sequences and pick out a few stretches (upper/lower body) and start there. Start with only 10-15 minutes. Then review the tape again in say a week or so and pick up another exercise or two. Soon you will have a routine that works for you and you will be addicted to feeling great.

Get the DVD for you (or give as a gift!) here: Golf Stretching for a Better Swing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very informative and practical dvd. It has made a big diference in my swing.

doug said...

Frankie,

Can you let us know specifically HOW it has helped your game. ie; more distance, accuracy, feel ,etc.

Doug