Monday, September 26, 2005

Duval Makes Cut!

David Duval has finally made a cut. He ended up tied for 60th at the Valero Texas Open this weekend. Started off with a very respectable 68, 69 and ended with a 70,74. These certainly seem like consistant scores to me. Duvall says: "It's a cycle that needed to be broken, but I've been playing a lot better than my scores have reflected for the last six weeks," Duval said after making the cut. "Each day I seem to hit the highest score I possibly could, the last six or eight rounds I've played. It's no different this week so far. I've hit it really well, just made a couple stupid mistakes." - Here's hoping Duvall is starting to feel and believe in his game again. It certainly would be one of the most dramatic comebacks in golf. I don't know about you but I'm secretly hoping there is more great golf within him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been a big Duval fan. I've had the oppertunity to see him play in competition a number of times before the slump and this guy had one of the best all around games I have ever seen. Super long with driver, big high soft fades with the irons, and running in everything he looked at with the flat stick. 59 on Sunday!. Need I say anymore.
The question before us all now is if he can reagin his compsoure and prowess on the course after such a 'Baker-Finch-esq' collapse. I think David has finally got his mind in a good place and is ready to come back to competitive golf. I'm sure his outlook has changed and that may enevitably be his downfall but for the time being I will be rooting for him in every event he enters. I'd love for him to follow in Corey Pavins' footsteps (yes I said Corey Pavin, he was in contention on Friday in a couple of majors this year, alas no hardware to bring home to the Pavin household) and get back to being a regular on tour.

Sorry to take up so much space.
Thanks for getting this blog up and running. I hope to visit daily. Finally a place to talk golf for real!

Huntsville, AL